Where our environment and your energy make the difference
Nexceris, LLC, is a world-renowned developer and manufacturer of products that improve efficiency, performance, and cost of energy and environmental systems. The company does business in more than 75 countries through internet, distributors, and direct sales. Products include fuel cells, fuel cell components and materials, catalysts, sensors, gas monitors, and coatings. Employees of Nexceris are passionate about working with customers to find innovative solutions facing our future needs for cleaner and more sustainable energy.
There is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join Nexceris and to work with others who share in the commitment for facing the world’s most critical energy and environmental challenges head-on…. and to solving them.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers for highly motivated individuals and are currently seeking top candidates to become part of our team. We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package. If you are looking for an exciting career with a world class company, you deserve to make the move to Nexceris.
As a small innovative company, our employees have opportunity to work across a broad spectrum of technologies and applications, in a flexible, collaborative, and results driven environment. Whether you are an intern, a new college grad, or an experienced professional, Nexceris offers opportunities that will energize your career.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Nexceris is actively seeking a Control Engineer to accelerate its research and product development in the area of electrochemical sensors, fuel cells, and gas monitoring systems.
The Control Engineer will:
- Develop automated testing systems for research and product development and validation
- Support legacy and new LabVIEW testing systems
- Develop new, automated product development stands via LabVIEW or other programming environments using standard processes
- Create a framework and system for long term and remote data acquisition and analysis
- Work with project engineers to develop unique and one-off research systems
- Develop PLC or other appropriate controls for test and production systems
- Design, create specifications, and fabricate data acquisition and control systems with an emphasis in analog conditioning and ADC
- Work with designers to provide cost estimates for project funding requests
- Devise control algorithms and hardware for prototype and embedded systems
- Design and layout boards, circuits, filtering, acquisition, analog control, et cetera
- Create hardware and implement algorithms using off the shelf and OEM parts
- Design and fabricate prototype controls for analog systems implementing and tuning PID, PWM, or other appropriate methods
- Develop programs and scripts, using appropriate languages, in support of the control and implementation of the system
- Devise and run experiments to characterize system needs
- Lead the control development lifecycle from concept, prototype, laboratory, pilot, and production
- Maximize value of Nexceris’ existing and future sensor business
- Identify cost reduction activities for embedded systems
- Cost analysis for control boards and automation of prototype and low volume production lines
- Serve as the primary point of contact with existing and new suppliers of control boards to communicate requirements and procure parts
- Modification of existing firmware and embedded controls for product enhancement and customer feature requests
- Design inherent flexibility into embedded systems during the development stage
- Collaborate with Nexceris’ Engineers to create requirements documentation for internal and external customers
- Serve as Nexceris’ technical leader for all control applications and discussions
- Develop documentation process and rigor for defining and sharing requirements
- Work with internal and external customers on new and existing projects to ensure requirements, application, performance, and control schemes are achieved
The Engineer should have a degree in Electrical engineering, Computer engineering, or equivalent experience. The Engineer must exhibit strong electrical engineering skills and be proficient in small changes to existing embedded system firmware. The Engineer must have 5-10 years of relevant experience.
The Engineer will report to Nexceris’ Senior Validation and Design Leader and will be responsible for leading and implementing all electrical and control work.
Technical Sales Representative
Nexceris is currently seeking a technical sales representative to work in our Lewis Center, OH office. The technical sales representative will work within the Li-ion Tamer sales group. Li-ion Tamer focuses on providing lithium battery monitoring products to markets across the world. This position will involve collaboration with our engineering team and interfacing with external customers as well internal sales and product engineering staff. The right candidate will be able to create new relationships with potential customers across multiple market segments, maintaining the appropriate level of contact nurturing and follow-up, delivery of customized product and service quotations, as well as post-sale customer service. Interpersonal skills are a must since the sales rep will interact with many industry contacts and internal staff through various methods of communication: phone, email, Salesforce, and additional communication tools.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability pick up technical product information quickly and accurately. Candidates with specific experience in business to business sales with technical products will be favorably considered. The exceptional technical sales representative will have opportunities to advance to either an expanded role within Li-ion Tamer or another one of our commercial sales units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates sales opportunities through relationship building and marketing leads
- Helps potential customers determine the best solution for their needs with the help of the product engineering group
- Proficient with Li-ion Tamer product line to accurately answer technical questions
- Responds to calls and emails from potential customers and is generally self-sufficient once training has been completed
- Generates, updates, tracks, and reports opportunities via Salesforce interface, whether originated or assigned
- Maintains accurate contact records within CRM tool to support marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Creates accurate quotations for qualified opportunities identifying ways to upsell or cross-sell product and service options
- Provides customer feedback to marketing group to assist in the updating of marketing materials
- Conducts market segment research to identify market size, key players, competition, and other drivers to market success
- Builds strategic relationships with contacts at identified company lists
- Works with customer to understand need and relay information to product development team
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage self with limited outside influence
- Willing to adapt to new ideas and strategies
- Efficient, detail-oriented individual
- Excellent communication skills to interface with diverse range of customers (internal and external)
- Understanding of Salesforce or similar CRM software suite
- 1-3 years of sales experience (B2B technical sales preferred)
- Proficient in use of full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven track record of successful sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related or technical field preferred
- Three months of weekly training with dedicated sales coach surrounding Nexceris’ proven sales methods
- Weekly discussions with product engineers for deeper understanding of Li-ion Tamer product function, benefits, and applications
- Continuous training for mastery of sales method and approach
This successful candidate will be directly involved in the manufacturing of materials for the fuel cell industry.
- Activities such as weighing and mixing raw materials
- Running quality control tests on product
- Meeting metrics including on time delivery, cost of quality, safety and work area cleanliness
- Operating and maintaining production equipment such as mills, pumps, mixers, centrifuges and furnaces
- Accurately following written batch instructions while recording observations
- Maintaining an organized and clean work area
- Contributing ideas for continuous improvement
- Able to work Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Must be consistent, observant, and conscientious
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Able to stand and walk 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Two-year technical degree or hands-on experience in industrial ceramic processing preferred
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
Nexceris is seeking two interns during the spring semester of 2017 to support our development projects in the areas of sensors, catalyst, and solid oxide fuel cells. These positions will involve preparation, execution and data analysis of experimental plans aimed at improving Nexceris’ overall technology portfolio. The qualified candidates will be enrolled in a B.S. program in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with junior or senior class standing. The term of the position is negotiable. The candidate should have completed core science and preliminary engineering classes of their respective major. The individual(s) will gain important hands-on experience in development of electrochemical devices and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute experimental plans to support project objectives
- Analyze results and communicate recommendations to project teams
- Design and build experimental test apparatus to support development initiatives
- Apply problem solving skills to support production and development activities across electrochemical based technologies
- Conduct literature and patent searches to investigate relevant technology and to build understanding of state-of-the-art
- Contribute to Nexceris’ intellectual property portfolio through preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
Apply for a Position
Nexceris, recognizing the right of an individual to work and advance on the basis of merit, ability, and potential without regard to race, sex, color, handicap, religion, national origin, national ancestry, or age, resolves to take Affirmative Action measures to ensure equal opportunity in the areas of hiring, promotion, demotion, recruitment, layoff or termination, rate of compensation, and all terms and conditions of employment.