We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
You will have responsibility for preventative and reactive maintenance of Nexceris’ equipment and facilities. This role is both a system management and hands-on job with the intent to grow a maintenance team as the company grows. You will report to the Director of Operations. Job responsibilities and requirements include:
- Maintain the entire facility, including either performing or organizing repair efforts for electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and other related tasks
- Establish and maintain the preventative maintenance program
- Grow and maintain relationships with industrial or commercial contractors
- Complete maintenance service requests in a timely manner
- Support Operations and all other team members through the selection, installation and continuous improvement of equipment and facilities
- Maintain and continuously improve building safety systems, ensuring standards comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines
- Coordinate and monitor maintenance work being performed by outside contractors
- Perform occasional routine materials production tasks, as requested
- Maintain detailed records and comply with Nexceris’ certified standards (ISO, etc)
- Manage Nexceris’ LOTO (Lock out tag out) program
- Manage technician(s) daily tasks and performance as the company grows
- Willingness to take on other tasks outside of maintenance tasks to help support company growth
Critical qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Electrical knowledge
- Certificate/Associates/Bachelors preferred, not required
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an industrial setting as a maintenance manager or technician
- Experience with electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing, and general equipment repairs (license or certifications preferred)
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment with a preventative maintenance system (experience with 5S and Total Productive Maintenance preferred)
- Able to work independently on projects
- Conscientious and proactive – looks for opportunities to improve the condition and safety of equipment and facilities
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required
You will be responsible for the sales and marketing efforts with the objective of increased profitable sales through creating, building, and maintaining high quality relationships with new and existing customers. Utilize company digital tools and company products and services to connect with consumers, develop creative solutions, generate sales volume, and provide the highest level of customer service.
Outside Sales Representative Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling, marketing, promoting, and demonstrating products. Effectively communicate the features and benefits of our product offering.
- Increase business by generating sales to new customers and by selling additional products to existing customers.
- Collaborate with leadership and team members in planning, tracking, and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets
- Assist customers with product selection and application utilizing knowledge and internal specialists
- Establish and maintain customer relationships. Learn and evaluate customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements, and preferences in order to present a unique solution to each customer tailored to their business objectives and needs
- Collaborate with customers and team members for product quotations and provide on-going communication throughout the customer’s purchasing lifecycle
- Work with management, credit, and customers to resolve payment issues promptly
- Gather and report to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products, and current and future market
- Actively participate in professional development to improve professional selling skills and maintain technical capabilities. Participate in company training/development, special promotions, sales meetings, supplier seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge
- Maintain accurate and timely records including sales call schedules and expense reports
- Coordinate sales calls with vendors to introduce and demonstrate products, identify customer needs, and promote product and service solutions
- Utilize and champion digital tools, customer solutions and services to gain a competitive advantage
Outside Sales Representative Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering or Business disciplines
- 3+ years experience of sales and account management in advanced ceramics, chemical, or related industry
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude with customers and drive to find solutions to their needs
- Customer oriented and motivated with excellent communication, presentation, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task and deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to drive decisions with influence
- Ability to understand complex scientific data and use it as a selling factor to customers
- Ability to convey product and services knowledge essential to customer
- Familiar with Microsoft Office as well as relevant ERP systems and Customer Relation Management Tools (CRM)
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Other Requirements: U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
Desired But Not Required Skills
- Experience in green technology, advanced ceramic, materials, or chemicals industry
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
Nexceris is seeking an experienced, talented and highly motivated Materials Scientist/Engineer to join our team. This position requires a self-starting, intrinsically driven candidate, who is willing and able to provide leadership in materials exploration. The position has a strong focus on driving innovation, standardization and productization of ceramic processes, including tape casting, screen printing, and catalyst processing for materials and devices.
This is an active, hands-on position that requires creativity, innovation, and the ability to effectively lead and follow through on multiple experimental tracks. The work is at the cutting edge of materials science and the green energy transition, with ongoing product development in diverse fields for the development of sustainable catalysts, batteries, and high temperature electrolyzers.
- U.S. Resident or Permanent Visa holders only.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, or related physical science field. Masters or Ph.D. candidates are also encouraged.
- Three to five years’ experience in materials development in an industrial or start-up commercial venture
- Materials Characterization, Research, and Synthesis: Drive in-depth research to investigate the properties, structure, and behavior of various materials, with a strong focus on ceramic materials processing, with complementary materials selection and implementation of polymers, composites, and metals.
- Quality Control and Documentation: Identify, implement, and improve quality control procedures to ensure consistent material properties and compliance with industry standards. Maintain detailed records of research, experiments, and testing.
- Product Development: Design and investigate experiments to drive technical progress. Collaborate with business units and cross-functional teams to develop innovative products and solutions using advanced materials, from conceptualization to prototype demonstration, and drive them to market. Lead efforts to address technical and practical challenges to product development.
- Environmental and Safety Compliance: Understand, adhere, and contribute to continuous improvement of safety protocols, environmental regulations, and ethical standards when working with hazardous materials.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on the latest advancements in materials science and ceramic engineering through continuous education and research.
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience with thin-ceramic fabrication, tape casting and thermal treatment
- Understanding of chemical formulation and ability to adjust based on experimental results
- Coursework and application of thermal conductivity and resistivity
- Experience using characterization equipment such as laser diffraction particle size analyzer, BET analysis, and other tools to analyze physical properties of materials
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with safety protocols and regulations related to materials handling
- Basic understanding of project budgeting and monitoring
- Able to stand for long periods of time, reach and bend as needed
Preferred skills and experience:
- Statistical analysis software such as Minitab or Tableau
- Experience performing Scanning Electron Microscopy analysis
- Familiarity with task management platform
You will be directly involved in the manufacturing of materials for the fuel cell and next generation battery industry. You must be both safety and quality focused, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. You must be comfortable with both standard and custom production activities, possess excellent communication skills, and demonstrate a desire to learn new skills and capabilities. Nexceris believes in a culture of rapid change and continuous improvement. You will take the initiative to proactively seek out additional responsibilities. Experience leading teams or projects is preferred.
- Activities such as weighing, mixing, milling, sieving, spray coating, synthesis of ceramic powders, and performing quality control tests on materials
- Meet company metrics including Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost
- Actively contribute ideas for Continuous Improvement
- Operating and maintaining production equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Accurately following written batch instructions while recording process data and observations
- Record and report product quality and performance information thoroughly
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Two-year technical degree or hands-on experience in industrial processing, custom processing or Research and Development preferred; experience with materials characterization is a plus
- Able to work first shift Monday – Friday, with overtime offered
- Must be consistent, observant, and conscientious
- Practical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- LEAN experience preferred
- Leading teams or project is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Able to stand and walk 6-8 hours per day and able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Must be able to execute non-standard tasks while maintaining a focus on Quality and Safety
- Must be comfortable wearing PPE, including a respirator for certain activities
- Takes pride and ownership of your work
- Delivers quality results when under time pressure
- Able to prioritize your workload to meet delivery commitments
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the company
- Hard worker that wants to learn new skills and activities
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency