We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
Nexceris is actively seeking a Catalyst Product Development Engineer to accelerate its product development efforts in the area of heterogeneous catalysis. Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in catalyst research and development. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a demonstrated track record of successfully leading complicated projects. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable working with a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
Education: Ph.D. in Catalyst Science, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related discipline
Other Requirements: U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Collaborate with Nexceris’ Commercial and Government Sales teams to grow Catalyst Business from $1M to greater than $2M annually within one year of starting:
- Building from existing technology portfolio, transition Nexceris hydrogen generation catalyst and/or monolith support technology into a commercial demonstration program within one year
- Identify, propose and win Government funding of >$1M annually
- Lead both internal and external development initiatives
- Serve as technical lead for Nexceris’ catalyst services business, providing technical planning, budgeting, and execution of these efforts. This will require:
- Develop Catalyst Technology Portfolio for identified market needs
- Identify existing and emerging needs in the chemicals, environmental and refining industries that require high-performance catalyst solutions aligned with Nexceris competencies within 6 months
- Collaborate with the Director, Materials Science and Vice President, New Product Launch to identify promising customers and develop at least three relationships with defined paths to commercial business within 12 months
- Execute product development plans from idea generation through concept validation and pilot-scale demonstration to support business opportunities. This will involve close collaboration with the Materials Business Unit.
- Protect new technologies to augment Nexceris’ IP portfolio and create value
- Maximize Value of Nexceris’ Catalyst Technology Portfolio to create long-term value and recurring revenues
- Review existing technology portfolio to rank opportunities for value in near, medium and long-term
- Improve manufacturing processes of current portfolio to reduce costs and increase quality of products and services
- Accelerate near- and medium-term technologies through the product development process
- Accelerate commercial catalyst service opportunities through close collaboration with the Materials Business Unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support and customer engagement to support commercial opportunities.
- Coordinate with Nexceris’ Stage-Gate, Safety and Quality programs to assure smooth transition to production and/or technology transfer to licensees
The Engineer will report to Nexceris’ Director, Materials Science. The Engineer will be responsible for the direction of projects within our matrix-management framework.
This successful candidate will be directly involved in the manufacturing of materials for the fuel cell industry.
- Activities such as weighing and mixing raw materials
- Running quality control tests on product
- Meeting metrics including on time delivery, cost of quality, safety and work area cleanliness
- Operating and maintaining production equipment such as mills, pumps, mixers, centrifuges and furnaces
- Accurately following written batch instructions while recording observations
- Maintaining an organized and clean work area
- Contributing ideas for continuous improvement
- Able to work Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Must be consistent, observant, and conscientious
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Able to stand and walk 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Two-year technical degree or hands-on experience in industrial ceramic processing preferred
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
Nexceris is seeking interns during the Spring/Summer term of 2020 to support our development projects in the areas of sensors, catalyst, and solid oxide fuel cells. These positions will involve preparation, execution and data analysis of experimental plans aimed at improving Nexceris’ technology portfolio. The qualified candidates will be enrolled in a B.S. program in Chemical, Electrical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering with junior or senior class standing. The term of the position is for three to seven months. The candidate should have completed core science and preliminary engineering classes of their respective major. The individual(s) will gain important hands-on experience in development of electrochemical devices and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute experimental plans to support project objectives
- Analyze results and communicate recommendations to project teams
- Design and build experimental test apparatus to support development initiatives
- Apply problem solving skills to support production and development activities across electrochemical based technologies
- Conduct literature and patent searches to investigate and build understanding of state-of-the-art relevant technologies
- Contribute to Nexceris’ intellectual property portfolio through preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications