We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
Nexceris is seeking a Catalyst Engineer to accelerate the growth of its catalyst development efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Nexceris and to work with others to develop innovative catalyst solutions for a range of applications
You will have a strong background in catalyst testing, systems development, and data analysis with an understanding of catalyst synthesis processes. You will thrive in independent and small-team work that drives open-ended development activities. You will have at least three years of relevant experience in catalyst testing, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a demonstrated track record of leading complicated projects. To be successful, you will need to be comfortable working within a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Act as a team member and technical expert in catalyst testing and analysis in collaboration with third-parties and Nexceris’ internal teams to achieve on-time completion of project milestones and deliverables
- Own day-to-day technical project execution related to various catalyst testing system operation, trouble shooting, and design
- Generate reproducible catalyst test data to support project and technical development towards technical and modeling demonstration objectives
- Manage Nexceris’ catalyst testing lab system, ensuring testing logistics, data quality, stand maintenance, operation and safety are well maintained
- Write, create, and update technical documents including SOPs, work instructions, technical reports, and presentations
- Lead interactions with collaborators when agreements are executed
- Manage and develop other engineers and technicians, proactively developing a team to successfully progress key technical opportunities
- Contribute to Nexceris’ intellectual property portfolio through the preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications.
- Remain up to date with the latest developments in US and global energy transition
- Remain up to date of relevant literature and patents, and proactively look for IP opportunities furthering Nexceris’ IP strategies
- B.S. (M.S. or PhD desired) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a catalyst development and/or test engineer
- Self-starter with technical leadership and guidance.
- Intrinsically motivated individual with entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in design and building of catalyst testing apparatuses, in keeping with industry standards for operator safety.
- Experience and working knowledge of lab and equipment maintenance and qualification, catalyst related testing and data analysis techniques, heterogeneous catalyst development
- Experience in novel technology development and commercialization
- Experience with BET Surface Area, BJH Porosity, Gas Chromatography (GC), FT-IR, TPR, and other catalyst characterization equipment and techniques.
- Experience in creating and maintaining technical documents, SOPs, reports and presentations.
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical communication and project organization skills.
- Self-starter with technical leadership and guidance.
Other Requirements: U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
Desired But Not Required Skills
- Hands on experience in heterogeneous catalyst manufacturing
- Experience with CAD, CFD, and kinetics modeling
- Experience with ASPEN, CHEMCAD, MATLAB
- Experience with catalysis reactor design and scaling
- Experience in structured reactor catalysis
You will be directly involved in the manufacturing of materials for the fuel cell and next generation battery industry. You must be both safety and quality focused, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. You must be comfortable with both standard and custom production activities, possess excellent communication skills, and demonstrate a desire to learn new skills and capabilities. Nexceris believes in a culture of rapid change and continuous improvement. You will take the initiative to proactively seek out additional responsibilities. Experience leading teams or projects is preferred.
- Activities such as weighing, mixing, milling, sieving, spray coating, synthesis of ceramic powders, and performing quality control tests on materials
- Meet company metrics including Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost
- Actively contribute ideas for Continuous Improvement
- Operating and maintaining production equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Accurately following written batch instructions while recording process data and observations
- Record and report product quality and performance information thoroughly
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Two-year technical degree or hands-on experience in industrial processing, custom processing or Research and Development preferred; experience with materials characterization is a plus
- Able to work first shift Monday – Friday, with overtime offered
- Must be consistent, observant, and conscientious
- Practical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- LEAN experience preferred
- Leading teams or project is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Able to stand and walk 6-8 hours per day and able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Must be able to execute non-standard tasks while maintaining a focus on Quality and Safety
- Must be comfortable wearing PPE, including a respirator for certain activities
- Takes pride and ownership of your work
- Delivers quality results when under time pressure
- Able to prioritize your workload to meet delivery commitments
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the company
- Hard worker that wants to learn new skills and activities
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
Nexceris is seeking interns during the Spring 2024-Summer 2024 and Summer 2024-Fall 2024 term to support our development projects in the areas of sensors, batteries, catalyst, and solid oxide fuel cells and electrolyzers. These positions will involve preparation, execution and data analysis of experimental plans aimed at improving Nexceris’ technology portfolio. The qualified candidates will be enrolled in a B.S. program in Chemical, Electrical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering with junior or senior class standing. The normal term of the position is for seven to eight months. The candidate should have completed core science and preliminary engineering classes of their respective major. The individual(s) will gain important hands-on experience in development of electrochemical devices and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute experimental plans to support project objectives
- Analyze results and communicate recommendations to project teams
- Design and build experimental test apparatus to support development initiatives
- Apply problem solving skills to support production and development activities across electrochemical based technologies
- Conduct literature and patent searches to investigate and to build understanding of state-of-the-art relevant technology
- Contribute to Nexceris’ intellectual property portfolio through preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications