We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
Under general direction, plan inventory and coordinate the flow of work and materials, both direct and indirect, to meet customer delivery expectations. Interact with suppliers to reduce cost through various means including price negotiation, competitive bidding and securing favorable terms. Work with production, product development and the warehouse to develop efficient supply chain strategies that optimize inventory, ensure security of supply, and enable production throughput based on demand. The position will report directly to the HR Manager.
Responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Strong written and oral communication abilities; creating documents and reports, presenting clear analysis to Leadership
- Manage vendor qualification process and vendor performance reporting
- Evaluate and select secondary suppliers for key materials
- Develop supplier strategies for all purchased items – both direct and indirect
- Work closely with Operations to develop a coordinated Supply Chain and Inventory system
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and implement corrective action on supply issues
- Issue PO’s, support production requirements
- Effective freight selection
- Purchases of raw materials and planning production requirements for items
- Initiate cost reduction programs while maintaining our high-quality standards.
- Conduct supplier site visits/audits as required for qualification
- Must be able to complete projects both collaboratively and independently
- Ensure that processes meet company standards and are compliant with all regulations
- Strong Continuous Improvement approach
- Bachelor’s degree recommended
- 2-4 Years of related experience
As the Product Development Manager at Nexceris, you will apply your engineering knowledge and experience to lead the launch of Nexceris’ innovative products. As an enthusiastic team member and leader, you play a vital role in translating our technical expertise to product-driven growth.
In coordination with the VP of Product Launch, this leader will define and implement best practices for product development through customer launch across Nexceris’ portfolio of products. This will include ensuring the product’s production readiness, coordination of Supply Chain preparedness, and alignment with the commercial strategy. The successful candidate will also be accountable for leadership of specific technical projects requiring the design and development of new products in accordance with industry regulations, cost and quality guidelines.
- Provide company-wide thought leadership on best practices for product development and launch, including Stage-Gate, Innovation Engineering, and Discovery Driven Growth principles
- Actively collect and analyze competitive product trends and utilize to drive product developments and technology platforms
- Lead product development activities within diverse cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with Nexceris business strategy and on-time launch of product.
- Coordinate product design and validation efforts including DFMEA, DFMA, testing, measurements, and other customer requirements with Nexceris’ Engineering Team
- Lead Stage-Gate based product development implementation across the organization, from concept to commercialization
- Lead product certification efforts as required
- Partner with plants and vendors to develop quality standards and specifications and enable robust manufacturing handoff
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization
Specific Engineering Expectations:
- Gather, prioritize and define requirements for complex product offerings which include hardware and/or software
- Coordinate regulatory requirements to define necessary product certifications and approvals
- Establish and meet engineering specifications based on above criteria
- Establish and lead product improvement projects to success, on time and budget
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with strong project management experience and networking capabilities
- Ability to lead and contribute in multi-disciplinary team efforts accomplish corporate goals
- Ability to make decisions and take actions to optimize project outcomes for internal and external customers
- Ability to help team members grow, without regard for differences in background or perspectives
- Goes beyond what the situation requires
- Demonstrates self-confidence in own ideas, judgments, and capabilities
- Excellent English communication skills
- Formal VOC research experience a plus
- BS required in scientific or engineering degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product development environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead product development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet key milestones, to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and to contribute technical solutions.
This successful candidate will be directly involved in the manufacturing of materials for the fuel cell industry.
- Activities such as weighing and mixing raw materials
- Running quality control tests on product
- Meeting metrics including on time delivery, cost of quality, safety and work area cleanliness
- Operating and maintaining production equipment such as mills, pumps, mixers, centrifuges and furnaces
- Accurately following written batch instructions while recording observations
- Maintaining an organized and clean work area
- Contributing ideas for continuous improvement
- Able to work Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Must be consistent, observant, and conscientious
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Able to stand and walk 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Two-year technical degree or hands-on experience in industrial ceramic processing preferred
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.